Friday, August 23, 2013

oh, god.

so much for last night's speed work?

suffice it to say, at least for now, that i was running a 6k race, and i had taken a boat to get there and brought a dear friend and some sushi to cheer/eat (as appropriate) and 2.5k in my hamstring/back of knee area went TWING! POING! you're done! and i had to walk the 2.5k back to the start, and i now hate 1. the world 2. my legs 3. marathon training 4. toronto island.

i am taking a full week off running. will this scuttle my marathon plans? maybe. i'm going to swim and ellipticate and strength train (not the hamstrings!) a lot. we'll see.

as i said on facebook: don't pity me, i got that covered myself.

1 comment:

  1. Is it a tendon tear or a muscle belly tear? The latter heal pretty fast with the right kind of rehab... If it's a tendon tear, all I can say is my condolences.

    ReplyDelete